SweeTango is great on its own, but our fans are always looking for ways to use the tasty apples in recipes.
So we’re sharing our own recipes and pairing suggestions, as well as links to some of our favorite apple recipes online.
SweeTango Apple Pairing Suggestions
- Sliced SweeTango apples with a young, Pecorino Toscana and chilled Prosecco
- Sliced SweeTango apples with a young Manchego cheese, Marcona almonds and a chilled Fino sherry
- SweeTango apples with an aged Camembert of St. Andre cheese, crusty bread, Membrillo paste and a Viognier wine
- SweeTango Sloppy Joes – Sautéed bulk pork sausage, caramelized onions and SweeTango apples. Season with a little sage and black pepper, serve like a “sloppy joe.”
- SweeTango Omelet – Sautéed SweeTango apples, French ham and shredded gruyere cheese.
SweeTango Apple Recipe
SweeTango Apple and Cranberry Salsa
This recipe comes courtesy of Ron Bohnert of Danny’s Bar and Grill at Stoneridge Golf Club in Stillwater, Minn.
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/3 cup SweeTango apple (medium diced with peel on)
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup fresh cranberries
2 tablespoons chardonnay
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon jalapeño(minced, with seeds)
1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
Directions: In a small sauce pan, add vinegar, apple, cranberries and wine. Over medium heat, cook until the fresh cranberries burst. Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat. Best served at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Apple Recipes From Around the Web
Some of the recipes below don’t specifically mention using SweeTango apples, but we’re sure would be great with SweeTango.
- Arugula, Apple & Chickpea Salad Wraps – The Kitchn. This is has become one of our new favorite ways to pack a big salad for the times when we have to eat on the run. It’s compact, it’s tidy, and best of all, it’s super tasty. Click for full recipe.
- Baked Apple with Walnuts and Raisins – Cookus Interruptus. This baked apple recipe is the ultimate warm and tasty fall treat. Fantastic when served with ice cream or whipped cream, this will also make your entire kitchen smell delicious. Click for full recipe.
- Sliced Apple and Smoked Gouda Pizza – FitSugar. This healthy and easy recipe only bakes for 6-8 minutes. Excellent for a healthy appetizer or a quick weekday dinner. Click for full recipe.
Please comment on this post if you have a SweeTango recipe that you would like to share – we’re always looking for more!